Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year we invited family to our house. Jimmy's parents, brother, and sister and her family joined us. I spent all week trying to keep the house tidy (it was still a little messy, but I tried). :) The day before Thanksgiving I spent the afternoon baking pies and making sweet potato casserole. I was going to make homemade rolls but our amazing home teacher brought rolls to us the night before. What a blessing! Rolls are not my forte. I got up early Thanksgiving morning to set out the rolls to rise and get the turkey in the oven. Jimmy took Spencer and Trenton to the park for the Turkey Bowl. Spencer had a blast playing football with the grown ups. Jimmy gave him the assignment to stick to the quarterback. Spencer would count to 5 and then go after the quarterback. The Bishop called him the mosquito because you couldn't get rid of him. :) He loves playing football! The family arrived around noon. We had a simple but delicious meal and had a great time visiting. Later after the company left we went to my parents for pie (even though we were still stuffed from lunch). We always have a great time visiting Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Steve. I'm so grateful to be blessed with such a wonderful family. There is so much to be thankful for. It is nice to have a holiday to be reminded of what we have. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment