Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Season 2009


The 2009 Holiday Season has come and gone. I can't believe how fast it went. Unfortunately for me 3 of the 4 weeks in December I was sick as a dog (sinus issues, cough, and ear infection - yuck)! But, I was blessed to be feeling well during the week of Christmas.
The season began with a Christmas program at Trenton's school. He practiced his part at home and said it very clearly during the program. I was so proud. The program was about Christ and Trenton's part was "A" is for all he stands for". The next day I went to Spencer's school to help with his Christmas party. I love being in the classroom with the kids. I helped the kids make reindeer out of candy canes.
That evening we took the kids to the mall to see Santa. We had to stand in line for 1 hour but we were patient and the kids were able to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas.
On Christmas Eve we went to my parents home for our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner. The kids always have a blast and Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Steve's house. When we first got there my aunt from California had sent a huge Christmas box full of gifts. The kids were amazed and literally "jumped" right in (and made a huge mess).
My mom has always made the Holidays special and I just love the traditions we have as a family. Of course all the kids got new PJ's. We spent dinner all together and it was nice to be with everyone in our family. One of the funny highlights is what Logan calls TJ. He calls him Pooh J. Why he calls him that? I have no idea. My brother, Chris, creates a family video every year. It is a collection of photos taken throughout the year put to music. My kids LOVE the "picture show". After watching the video we opened a few gifts and then we were headed home to get ready for Santa.
Christmas morning we started the day reading Luke 2, a tradition we do in our home before we go down to open presents, then it was off to see what Santa brought. This year Spencer wanted a Nintendo DS, Trenton wanted a BYU football costume, and TJ wanted a Dragon Castle. Santa delivered, but instead of a DS for Spencer he brought a PSP (Playstation Personal). He wasn't quite sure what to think of the PSP, but once he started playing it he said "this is AWESOME!"
Trenton was so excited to get his BYU uniform. He ran straight upstairs and put it on (and then he wore it for 4 days straight).
TJ was the cutest thing I have ever seen. When he opened up his Dragon Castle he was yelling and jumping up and down. It was priceless! Later that morning we went back over to my parents for a "Camp Chef" breakfast. Jimmy made a "Mountain Man Breakfast" (hashbrown casserole) in the dutch oven and my dad made crepes on his camp chef out in the snow. Boy was it YUMMY!
We opened more presents and then headed over to Jimmy's sisters home for an early dinner and more partying. The kids had fun playing with their cousins and I had fun visiting with Grandma Janet and Julie. (Jimmy and the other men spent most of the evening playing the X Box downstairs). We had a wonderful Christmas. We are so blessed to live so close to our family. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment